Los Altos Rec Policies
Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
Los Altos Rec Help
Terms & Conditions
FACILITY USE POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
All fees for facility rental, security deposit and alcohol permit are required before a reservation is confirmed. No exceptions.
Facility Rental Fees
Indoor recreation facilities are rented on an hourly basis including event set-up and clean-up. This includes entry by a caterer, rental company, event planner, etc.
A security deposit of $500 is required for all rentals to ensure that the facility is returned to its original condition. The full security deposit will be returned within 30 days after the event if the facility is found in satisfactory condition and the event did not surpass the paid event time. Set-up and clean-up must be conducted and completed between the hours of the contracted rental agreement. A fee of 1.5 times the standard rental rate will be applied beyond the rental agreement. If the facility is not returned to its original condition, or if the event time is extended without pay, the renter will be notified within five business days of the event date should any additional charges be incurred. The renter is responsible for additional charges related to, but not limited to, property damage, required maintenance, lost facility key, or employee overtime. The renter will be required to forfeit the security deposit and/or pay additional fees in the amount determined by the City. Clean-up Guidelines are detailed below and outline the renter’s responsibilities in returning the facility to its original condition.
A City of Los Altos Alcohol Permit is required for any event serving alcohol including beer and wine. The City Alcohol Permit DOES NOT authorize the SALE of Liquor.
Permits to authorize the sale of liquor must be obtained by the State of California Alcohol Beverage Control Board: San Jose ABC Office
100 Paseo de San Antonio, Room 119
San Jose CA 95113
(408) 277-1200 SNJDirect@abc.ca.gov
Alcohol is not allowed at any functions at the Underground and the San Antonio Club. If alcohol is found to be present at the event, the event will be shut down with no refund given.
Renter may be required to provide insurance for other uses or activities, if indicated on permit. Please see insurance requirements for details.
All activities, including clean up, must be fully concluded by the following times:
- Hillview Community Center, Los Altos Youth Center, Garden House, and Grant Park: 11pm.
- Patriot Corner: 2pm for morning rentals, 8pm for afternoon or full day rentals.
- Community Plaza: 3pm for morning rentals, 11pm for afternoon or full day rentals
Community Plaza is rented on a half day (morning: 7am – 3pm, or afternoon: 3 – 11pm) or full day (7am – 11 pm) basis.
Patriot Corner is rented on a half day (morning: 8am – 2pm, or afternoon: 3 – 8pm) or full day (8am – 8 pm) basis.
Patriot Corner / Grant Picnic Area:
- Remove all decorations including tape or string from tables, trees, fences, grass etc.
- Dispose of all trash and recyclables in the dumpster and appropriate recycling bins located in the parking lot. Do not allow trash cans to overflow.
- Patriot Corner and Grant Picnic Area may only be reserved for celebratory, entertainment, and/or information related events without entrance fees or merchandize sales.
- Community Plaza:
- No Event may obstruct vehicular or pedestrian traffic. This includes activity, displays, signs, banners or any other paraphernalia.
- No flame or fire is permitted. This includes candles, torches, logs etc.
- Community Plaza may only be reserved for celebratory, entertainment, and/or information related events without entrance fees or merchandize sales.
- Restore plaza area to its original condition.
Access to Facility
Access to the indoor facilities will be granted as follows:
- If the event is a private party held on a weekend, a facility attendant will be provided to open and close the facility for your use and monitor your event to ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Private parties held on weeknights may also require a facility attendant.
- For all other uses, a key may be issued to the renter one day prior to the event if applicable. Keys for weekend events MUST be picked up at the Recreation Department Office by 5pm on the Friday before the scheduled event. Keys must be returned to the Recreation Department Office on the Monday following the event. Keys returned after-hours and on weekends may be dropped through the Recreation Office mail box.
All decorations must be removed after the activity. Nails, staples, and screws are NOT permitted. Only painter's blue masking tape may be used on walls. Nothing may be hung from acoustical ceilings. Staples and pins may be used on bulletin boards ONLY. All decorations must be fire retardant.
The return of your security deposit is partially dependent upon your compliance with the instructions below:
Hillview Community Center, Los Altos Youth Center, Garden House, and Grant Park:
- Remove all decorations including tape or string from tables, walls, outside areas, fences, grass, etc.
- Using the cleaning equipment provided in the Janitorial closet complete the following:
- Clean sink, counter tops and cabinet doors. Use standard household cleaners, do not scour.
- Sweep and mop floor.
- Clean out refrigerator. Do not leave food in the refrigerator.
- Clean stove and ensure all burners are turned off. Do not use steel wool or abrasive pads on grill or burner area.
- Return cleaning equipment to Janitorial closet after use.
- Return all tables and chairs to their storage area.
- Turn off all lights, close all windows and lock all doors.
Dispose of all trash and recyclables in dumpsters provided, located in the following areas:
- Youth Center: In the driveway by the kitchen
- Garden House: Parking lot
- Grant: Behind the kitchen
Good Neighbor Policy
The facility you are using borders on a residential area. During your activity please consider these neighbors and control your noise volume inside the building or in the picnic area, and in the parking lot. Doors should be kept closed except while entering or exiting the building whenever music is being played, either amplified or acoustic. Your consideration and cooperation is appreciated.
NOISE ORDINANCE: Activities held in City of Los Altos facilities must conform to the standards and regulations for Noise and Vibration Control as set forth by the City Noise Ordinance No. LAMC 6.16.050.
- VEHICLES are restricted to appropriate parking spaces. Loading and unloading is restricted to the parking lot areas only.
- BOUNCE HOUSES are not permitted in any City of Los Altos park.
- PATRIOT CORNER and GRANT PICNIC AREA additional information:
- ELECTRICITY is not available.
- AMPLIFIED SOUND is not permitted at any time. Violators will forfeit between 50-100% of deposit.
- OVERNIGHT use is not permitted in any City-owned facilities.
- SMOKING is prohibited anywhere in a recreational area, the civic center campus or in any parking area.
Emergency Phone List
For facility problems, please call the Recreation Office at (650) 947-2790 (Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm). On weekends, evenings and holidays, please call the Los Altos Police Department at (650) 947-2770.