Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
Terms & Conditions
City of Yankton
Summit Activities Center and The Huether Family Aquatic Center
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
The City of Yankton is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the City of Yankton asks all persons to act appropriately at all times when in or around our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
The expectation for persons using the City of Yankton property is to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or programs:
- Using or possessing illegal drugs on City of Yankton property, in City of Yankton facilities, or at City of Yankton -sponsored programs.
- Smoking on City of Yankton property – All City of Yankton buildings and grounds are smoke and tobacco-product free environments. This includes vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior towards City Employees or others in attendance.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of City property or other’s property.
- Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the City of Yankton after being requested to depart the City of Yankton’s property.
- Use of social networking websites in a manner that is contrary to the City of Yankton’s mission, is detrimental to the community or is in violation of the law.
- The City of Yankton reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, or is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. City of Yankton staff members are trained to be of assistance. Please notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
Suspension or termination of City of Yankton membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.