PC MARC/REC Policies
Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
PC MARC/REC Help
Terms & Conditions
- RULES OF CENTER
Entry into the PC MARC and/or participation in programs or events sponsored by the Center is an express acknowledgment and agreement by Patrons to be subject to and comply with the Rules of the Center, applicable state and local law, and other policies or directions given by the Center staff or by employees, contractors, agents or volunteers of the City, while in the Center or participating in activities or programs of the Center. The term “Rules of the Center” means those rules, regulations, procedures and other directives, (1)set forth in the Facility Use Waiver & Policy (2) set forth on signs posted in the Center, (3) set forth in the Park City Municipal Athletic & Recreation Center (“Rules and Regulations”), (4) presented to Patrons of the Center by the staff or employees, contractors, agents or volunteers of the City, while in the Center or participating in activities or programs of the Center, whether presented verbally or in writing, (5) applicable to a single activity or event, and (6) currently in place or implemented at a later time subsequent to the draft date of these Rules & Regulations
- FACILITY USE WAIVER
Waivers are valid for three years. A new waiver
must be completed if Patrons’ information does not match what is on file.
- RESIDENT BOUNDARIES
A resident is one who resides within the Park City School District boundaries. All others are considered non-residents.
In order to receive resident rates individuals must provide current proof of residence by presenting one of the following: a picture ID, current utility bill, property tax notice, or a paycheck stub from a Local business. This must be presented at time of pass purchase. If proof of residence is not available, non-resident rates will be charged.
Upon purchase of a pass, individual pass holders will be issued an identification card that must be presented for admission into the facility. This card, when scanned, will display the member’s pass information on the computer monitor. Initial cards are provided with each new pass purchase. Passes are non-transferable and can only be used by the member whose name appears on the household.
Definitions for application terms are as follows:
FAMILY: A family consists of up to two adults and children, age 21 and under, who are living in the same residence, are related, and can be claimed as dependents for
tax purposes. All of these conditions must exist to determine family status.
COUPLE: A couple is two (2) individuals.
- PATRON PRIVILEGES
Membership or daily admission entitles users of the Center to
any open participation times in any activity area according to the area rules, policies, age restrictions and schedules. This includes the swimming pool (lap swimming, leisure pool, and hot tub), the bouldering wall, the gymnasium, cardio area, indoor track, strength conditioning room, and game room.
Fees for the following will be charged in addition to the membership user fees:
- Fitness Classes (unless a class pass is purchased)
- Tennis/Pickleball Court (unless a tennis pass is purchased), Tennis Lessons/Clinics
- Special Events
- Room and Facility Rentals
- Childcare Use
- Other programs as necessary to cover additional unforeseen costs.
All classes and programs have a minimum enrollment that must be met one week before class starts or the class may be cancelled. All classes also have a maximum enrollment. Participants are enrolled on a first come, first served basis.
There is a four hour maximum for childcare. The child(ren)’s responsible adult must remain onsite during the time the child is in childcare. Children must be between one and six years of age. Maximum of 10 children are allowed in the childcare facility at any given time. If a child is crying uncontrollably the responsible adult will be asked to remove the child from the facility.
- LOCKER USE
Lockers are available for daily use and must be cleared immediately after the Patron has completed his or her activities. Patrons are responsible for bringing their own lock when using the daily use lockers.
*Daily use lockers which are not cleared at the end of the day will have the lock cut-off and all items will be removed and bagged for pick-up. There will be a two (2) week holding period at the end of which time all unclaimed items will be sent to an establishment which collects and resells used merchandise.
9. REFUND POLICIES
Retail Items - Front Desk - All refunds will be handled by designated staff. No refunds on personal items such as swim diapers, towels and water bottles.
Retail Items - Pro Shop – All refunds will be handled by Pro Shop Staff.
Tennis & Pickleball Courts and Reservations:
- Courts reserved may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance of the start time. Courts cancelled inside the 24 hour window will be charged the full cost and resold.
- A player may only book ONE court during a time period and may NOT book more than 2 hours per day. (Lessons, league play, designated Open Play and clinics do not count toward court reservation time)
- Players making the court reservation under their name must be one of the participants on the court of play. Players may NOT book courts for other patrons. Players needing consideration may speak with the Tennis Director prior to the start time.
Tournaments, Socials & USTA Competitions:
-Priority is given to USTA and other Tournaments / Social events. These courts are booked well in advance. Players involved in these events should give the MARC as early notice as possible when looking to change time/withdraw from events.
Tennis Lessons / Group Lessons:
-Lessons and Group lessons are defined as lessons a patron sets up with the pro and are private in nature, which means the patrons controls who participate in the lesson.
-Lessons scheduled with pros must be cancelled 48 hours or more before the start of the lesson. Lessons cancelled within the 48 hours are subject to being charged the full amount owed.
-PC MARC Tennis Pros reserve the right to move/remove players of inappropriate level from clinics that are level designated.
-Clinics are defined as lesson with 3 -12 players and are public in nature, which means that the MARC decides who can sign up and participate.
-Clinics that have fewer than 3 players sign up are subject to ½ time (90 min clinics would be 45 mins for 2 or 1 player) or cancellation with a full refund for the patron.
-All Clinics are ONLINE and can be signed up for at any time. By “dropping in” a patron may risk being alerted at that moment that a clinic has been cancelled due to lack of sign-ups. Please make every effort to SIGN UP EARLY ONLINE to ensure that a clinic will proceed.
10. TENNIS & PICKLEBALL MISCELLANEOUS
-Please DO NOT use the teaching carts or teaching balls from the teaching cart. Tennis balls can be found at the front desk FOR PRACTICE ONLY. Pickleballs may be purchased at the Pro Shop or Front Desk
-Please do not use the ball mower / pick up machine unless you are using the ball machine. Please DO NOT ALLOW children on it or to drive it.
-Outside lessons are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Patrons found to be engaging in lesson for pay with someone other the city staff is subject to losing their MARC privileges for up to 5 years.
-Pickleball and Tennis are played in close proximity to each other. Given the differing nature of each sport, we ask that all players in both sports be exceedingly respectful of player’s games and TIME. Players found to be not acting in the best interest of their respective sports will lead to consequences up to removal from the facility.
- Front Desk – the front desk staff are hardworking individuals who are trying to make the patron experience as enjoyable as possible. We ask that any Tennis or Pickleball patrons bring any concerns or opinions to the Director or Rec Management. We thank you in advance for your kindness and respect that you will show the Front desk staff at all times.
11. FACILITY ENTRANCE PROCEDURES
Any person entering the Center must sign-in at the front desk. This is where the facility pass card is scanned or where the admission fee is collected.
*If the Patron is attending a fitness class, the front desk will issue an item which they will give to the instructor at the beginning of class to show proof of payment.
*Spectators will be allowed in the facility only to view activities in our lobby area or gymnasium. Spectators will not be allowed upstairs. An admission fee will be charged if the spectator uses equipment or other facility amenities. Spectators are subject also to all terms and conditions of the PC MARC Rules and Regulations.FACILITY & EQUIPMENT RENTAL
Facility rentals are reserved through the program coordinator in charge and are subject to approval by the Recreation Manager or designee. Equipment rentals are provided at the front desk. Collateral is required when renting/using equipment.
12. GENERAL FACILITY RULES
The following rules apply to all areas of the Recreation Center:
- Use of the facility, activities, programs, and equipment, are at your own risk. If you need assistance please request it from the front desk.
- Locker room doors are always unlocked during facility operating hours. Use of locker rooms is at your own risk. Parents are responsible for their small children using these facilities.
- Glass containers of any kind are prohibited.
- Facility users may not teach, train, instruct or coach others for compensation
- Smoking is prohibited on PC MARC property.
- Pets of any kind, unless for disability aid, are not permitted in the facility unless participating in a program.
- Additional rules for each activity area are posted within the facility. Use of the facility is subject to all posted rules and Patrons agree to comply with all posted rules.
- Entry into the Center and/or participation in any programs or events sponsored by the Center is an express acknowledgment and agreement by Patrons to be subject to and comply with the PC MARC Rules and Regulations and other policies or directions given by the Center staff while in the Center or while participating in activities or programs of the Center. Patrons found in violation of these rules and regulations may have their privileges suspended or revoked.
- No one under the age of 12 may use the Weight Room or Cardio Area. Youth ages 12 – 14 may only use the Fitness Center with the accompaniment of a parent/guardian (18 or older) and issuance of a signed liability waiver.
- GYMNASIUM USE. No food or drinks (other than bottled water) are allowed in the gym. Food and drink may be consumed in the gymnasium lobby. All participants must wear non-marking shoes. Foul language is prohibited. Chairs and spectators are allowed only along the walls of the gym - they must stay off the playing surface. Young children (age 6 and younger) may not be left unattended in the gymnasium or gymnasium lobby.
- YOUTH USEAGE. Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a responsible parent/guardian who is at least 16 years old at all times. Childcare is available for children ages 1-6 years at the PC MARC during busy class and tennis times. Children age 7 and older are welcome to use the bouldering wall, game room and gymnasium at the PC MARC unattended, provided they follow all rules and regulations and are respectful to the facility and other users. Children under the age of 9 years MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult parent or guardian while using the PC MARC pools. Children over the age of 9 who wish to participate in the PC MARC swimming pools without supervision must have parental permission via a signed Facility Use Waiver.
- Abuse or misuse of Fitness Center property or equipment is prohibited. Violators will be held financially responsible for damages and/or losses caused by the abuse or misuse of Fitness Center property.
Wi-Fi High Speed Internet Service may be available to PC MARC patrons who bring their own properly configured equipment. This service is provided to patrons at no additional charge subject to the Terms and Conditions of use. By purchasing a PC MARC pass for use by a minor you represent that you have read and understand the Wi-Fi High Speed Internet Service Terms and Conditions, that you agree to be bound by their content, and that you authorize PC MARC to grant said minor access this Wi-Fi High Speed Internet Service.
PARKS RESERVATIONS – No Refunds will be issued.
ROOM AND PARTY ROOM RESERVATIONS - Full refunds for Room/Birthday Party reservations will be issued if the request for cancellation is 5 business days prior to the reserved date and time. No refunds will be issued after this time.
13. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS
Patrons and spectators of the Center (which includes pass holders of the Center, punch pass users, daily admission users, visitors and all others entering the Center) recognize and acknowledge that there are inherent hazards and risks connected with activities at the Center. In exchange for the privilege of entering or using the Center or any of its programs and events, Patrons or spectators, for themselves, and on behalf of their minor children, legal dependants, or other persons under their care or supervision, (1) knowingly and voluntarily assume the risks of such hazards, (2) agree to defend, indemnify and hold the City and its officers, agents, employees and volunteers harmless from and against any and all loss, damage and expense incurred by reason of any claim or liability based upon personal injury (including death) or property damage arising out of the negligent or intentional action of spectators or Patrons, or of any person whether inside or outside the Center or whether such actors are participating in Center sponsored programs or events, or in activities unrelated to the Center, and (3) release the City and its officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all liability arising out of injury or property damage to spectators or Patrons, their minor children, their legal dependants, or others under their care or supervision, except to the extent that such injury or damage is directly caused by the willful act or omission of the City or its officers, agents or employees or volunteers.
14. MODIFICATIONS TO RULES
Patrons and spectators agree to be bound by (1) these Rules and Regulations, (2) by signs posted within and outside the Center, and (3) directives of the Center staff, currently in effect and as may be changed from time-to-time. Facilities, equipment, hours, service, regulations and policies are subject to change without notice, at the sole discretion of the City.