Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
Food for thought... Mon, Mar 30, 2020
COVID-19 Mon, Mar 30, 2020
Terms & Conditions
1. A facility, park or ball field may be reserved only after the Facility Use Agreement has been completed and all fees paid. Checks may be used for payment if received at least seven (7) days prior to the event. ALL payments made less than seven (7) days prior to the event must be paid in cash, credit/debit card or money order. A $5 non-refundable processing fee will be charged on all reservations.
2. In order to cancel an event and receive a refund, a written letter must be submitted by the applicant to the City of Mount Dora Leisure Services Department located at the W.T. Bland Library at 1995 N. Donnelly Street, Mount Dora, Florida. In order to receive a full refund of all amounts paid, the applicant MUST notify the Leisure Services Department of the cancellation at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled event. Refunds WILL NOT be given due to inclement weather.
3. Rental times MUST include the time it takes to set up tables and chairs, decorate, hold the event, clean up and take down tables and chairs. All rentals will run in a continuous block of time. Breaks between set up and the actual event time are not permitted. Please take this into consideration as you schedule your facility use time. The facility must be vacated at the time posted on your permit to avoid forfeiture of the refundable deposit.
4. A key must be picked up from the Mount Dora Police Department, 1300 N. Donnelly Street, Mount Dora, Florida, no sooner than 30 minutes prior to your rental start time and MUST be returned no later than 30 minutes after your rental end time or the refundable deposit may be forfeited. If keys are lost or stolen, a rekeying fee of $200 may be charged.
5. Deposit refunds will be returned by check or credit card, depending on form of payment usually within four (4) to six (6) weeks following the event so long as all facility maintenance and use regulations are followed.
6. If alcohol is distributed at an event, a liability insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000, naming the City of Mount Dora as a certificate holder is required. Documentation of coverage must be presented to our office at least seven (7) days prior to the event. The City reserves the right to require police coverage for any event as it deems appropriate. If alcohol is sold at an event, a catering license will be required in addition to the liability insurance police coverage if necessary.
COMMUNITY BUILDING FACILITY USE REGULATIONS:
1. Alcohol is not permitted in the Community Building unless the proper documentation is submitted by the applicant and approved by the Leisure Services Departments. Deposits will not be returned if the city's use rules and regulations are violated. Future use could also be jeopardized.
2. The Community Building and all city public buildings and grounds are designated as Non-Smoking Facilities, this includes vaping. Please notify your guests of this policy.
3. The range/oven and microwave may only be used for the heating/warming of food items. Cooking or any other form of open flame is not permitted.
4. The applicant shall not use nails, thumb tacks, tape, markers, paint or any other item that will leave a permanent mark without the consent of the Community Building Manager. Adhesives used must not damage the walls.
5. The applicant must supply their own extension cords, garbage bags and cleaning supplies. All garbage cans must be emptied, trash bags replaced and trash placed in the dumpster.
6. The upper level 'lobby' furniture MAY NOT BE MOVED in any way that would harm, scratch or tarnish the items. Such furniture may be reasonably adjusted only within the room.
7. The applicant & their guests shall not enter, use or wander into other rooms in the Community Building during the event other than the reservation space. Violaters will be banned from the facility.