Log In/Create AccountCatalog
- Create Your West Whiteland Twp Account Powered by REC1
West Whiteland Twp Policies
Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
West Whiteland Twp Help
Terms & Conditions
Parks and Open Space Rules and Regulations
- Hours – Sunrise to Sunset (except for those activities specially permitted by the Township).
- Facilities - The reserved use of Township parks such as recreation fields and other facilities by organized groups or individuals shall be scheduled at the discretion of the Township; a permit shall be issued specifying the date, time and location of the use and such use shall be subject to any conditions that may be imposed thereunder. A permitted activity will supersede any recreational activity on the fields. (An organized activity or group involves a number of people doing something together in a structured way, rather than doing it by themselves.)
- Alcoholic Beverages – No individual or group shall possess, consume, or sell any alcoholic and/or intoxicating beverages in any park unless specifically granted permission by the Board of Supervisors.
- Personal Conduct — No individual or group shall engage in conduct within the parks that annoys or risks injury to any other person using the parks or persons occupying adjacent property.
- Trash & Recycling – All trash and recycling shall be disposed of in the appropriate receptacle designated for each. Littering is prohibited.
- Township Property – Defacing or damaging park property including buildings, playgrounds, signage, markers, or monuments and/or disturbing or removing wildlife or vegetation is prohibited. All items found within the park must remain in the park. No signs, notices or placards shall be posted at any place within the parks other than by authority of the Township.
- Motorized Vehicles —No person shall operate, stop, or park any motorized vehicle except on park roads, parking areas or other areas so designated for such use. Nor shall any person operate any motorized vehicle in a reckless or negligent manner, in excess of the posted speed limit, or in such a manner as to become a nuisance to other park users or persons occupying adjacent property.
- Firearms – Possession of a firearm in a Township park shall be in accordance with the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act. Discharge of a firearm is prohibited.
- Fires – No person shall set or maintain a fire in any park except in stoves, grills, or fireplaces maintained for the purpose and located by authority of the Township.
- Pets/animals - Pets/animals are not allowed in the parks with the exception of leashed dogs unless otherwise posted.
- Dangerous Equipment and Activities – No person shall use sharp objects, weapons, or dangerous athletic equipment unless the Township has expressly permitted the use and the user follows strict safety guidelines.
- Golf – The playing or practicing of golf is prohibited.
- Sound Equipment – No person shall use any sound amplification equipment in a Township park, unless specifically permitted by the Township.
- Fireworks – No person shall possess or ignite any fireworks in a Township park without an approved permit.
- Unmanned/Manned aircraft is prohibited.
- Operating a Business — Engaging in or soliciting any business in park areas, except in accordance with the provisions of a permit, contract, or other written agreement with the Township, is prohibited.