Please enter your email address, a new password will be emailed to you.
Terms & Conditions
Policies for Meeting Room Use
1. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis up to 6 months in advance. Previous use does not imply future bookings. No person or organization may rent the meeting rooms more than twice a month, unless hosted/sponsored by Georgetown Public Library or the City of Georgetown.
2. ALL food and beverages served in GPL meeting rooms MUST come from the Sweet Lemon Kitchen unless the Georgetown Public Library expressly exempts such requirements in writing. Contact [email protected] for catering options. A minimum of 30 days’ notice is required for groups of 30 people or more and a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required for groups of 30 or less that require catering services. For exemption requests, contact [email protected]
3. Renters are responsible for set-up and clean-up, which must take place during the reservation period. Renters are permitted to rearrange meeting room furniture if the room is returned to its original configuration. The GPL staff is NOT available to change the room arrangement. Groups who set up or take down outside the reservation period will be billed for an additional hour.
4. Rental fees are due prior to start of the reservation, payable at second floor Reference Desk. Payment can be made with cash, credit card (excluding American Express), or check (made out to the City of Georgetown). Groups/individuals who cancel a reservation less than 24 hours in advance or fail to show are responsible for paying the full rental fee. If a meeting goes 15 minutes over the scheduled time, an additional HOUR will be billed.
5. Advertising and printed materials of events or programs sponsored by the renter must contain the following disclaimer: “THIS EVENT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH OR SPONSORED BY THE GEORGETOWN PUBLIC LIBRARY OR THE CITY OF GEORGETOWN.” The disclaimer must be clearly displayed on all advertisements, and no smaller than font size 10.
6. If unfamiliar with the operation of the library’s AV equipment (projector, microphones, etc.), renters should call the library at 512- 930-6730 to arrange a tutorial with staff at least 14 days in advance.
7. Activities for minors must be supervised at all times by an adult.
8. Meetings must be free and open to the public unless commercial rental rates are paid. Only groups that pay the commercial rental rate may charge admission fees or hold fundraising events. Groups that do not pay commercial rental rates may only charge attendees for food that is served at the event and/or materials provided as a part of the event.
9. Groups claiming 501(c) status may be required to provide copies of the forms granting that status.
10. ALL political organizations, as defined above, will be charged the commercial rate. The GPL is a government-owned facility. Renters are responsible for complying with Section 255.003 of the Texas Election Code, which prohibits the use of public funds (including the use of government-owned facilities), for the distribution of written political advertising materials, or for radio or television broadcasts of political advertising. Political advertising materials can only be distributed to guests in the rented room.
11. Georgetown Public Library and/or City of Georgetown meetings and events may take precedence over any other scheduled event. GPL and COG reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any meeting, for any reason. GPL will notify each meeting’s representative of cancellation and will arrange to reschedule or refund rental fee.
12. The City of Georgetown and GPL are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
1. Smoking, candles, and open flames are not allowed. This includes the balcony area.
2. Registration tables, or any other activities are not permitted outside of the room. Registration lines cannot extend into the hallway.
3. Decorations are not allowed on the walls, windows, or ceilings. Decorations may be placed on the tables and bulletin boards, located on either side of the white board in each room. Furniture cannot be moved from other meeting rooms or areas of the library.
4. Alcoholic beverages are only permitted with prior approval of the Director. A professional security guard and TABC licensed servers will be required at events where alcohol is served. A security guard will be hired at the renter’s expense. Sweet Lemon Kitchen is the required caterer for alcohol served in the meeting rooms.
5. GPL cannot store equipment and/or supplies for any non-library meeting room functions.
6. Events with amplified music are not permitted during library operating hours.